Legal Due Diligence
A Due Diligence is essential when companies aim to enter into transactions like Mergers and Acquisitions, Takeovers or Amalgamations or Investment. Especially when there is cross border Merger and Amalgamation or when there is cross cultural alliance, Due Diligence is very important before making any decision.
Also when the company wants to come out with the IPO or issues the Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds (FCCBs), Global Depository Receipts (GDRs), Due Diligence is the prime focus for ascertaining compliance of various laws and regulations including Commercial Agreements.
Due Diligence entails the specific scrutiny of the legal affairs , compliances and governance of the target company with a view to uncovering any legal risks and providing the buyer or investor with extensive insights into the company’s legal affairs and risk of non compliances. Legal Due Diligence often improves the buyers bargaining position and enables him to take necessary precautions in relation to the transaction.
Amita Desai & Co. have been undertaking Legal and Secretarial Due Diligence of companies in India and overseas.
Our Expert Services includes:
- Data Room Creation for Due Diligence Audit – physical and virtual
- Due Diligence Audit – Legal and Secretarial compliances
- Due Diligence Detailed or Red Flagged Report
- Handling documentation – pre and post funding/ merger/ acquisition / investment etc
- Private Funding / VC Funding – Advisory and Assistance including drafting
- Assist in handling of non compliances to resolve the issues